- Download the archive with Google Chrome Browser Extension
- Unzip the archive into any folder.
- Open Chrome's Extensions page (in the top-right browser corner click small puzzle icon and select "Manage Extensions" option).
- Enable Developer Mode in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Load Unpacked button.
- Navigate location from step 2 and select "build" folder. Click "Select Folder".
Click small puzzle icon the in the top-right browser corner again.
Find Drill4J Extension and pin it for ease of use
Now click Drill4J Extension icon. Widget should appear
You have to provide address to Drill4J Admin Backend API.
Example: for locally-deployed Drill4J instance it will be
Do not mix it up with
http://localhost:8091which is the address of Drill4J Admin UI Panel
But the exact address will vary based on environment in question. If you're not sure what to do contact person in your team responsible for Drill4J management
Press "Connect" button once address is entered
You should see "Connecting..." button with spinner for a few seconds
If you did everything correctly you'll be presented with "Agent not found" message.
This is the expected behavior
Navigate to Application Under Test page
Reload the page if it was open prior to extension installation
Press Drill4J Extension icon again
You should see name of the Application Under Test and "Open Widget" button. Press it
Extension Widget should appear on the Application Under Test page
Use extension controlls to start testing.
Once you complete your test make sure to click finish, set either passed or failed results and then click finish again
You should see your test metrics in Drill4J Admin Panel